When it comes to baking, having food allergies can be a real nuisance and can even mean going without cake or biscuits, which is something we simply won’t allow.
To get you ready for the holiday season, creators of gorgeous iced biscuits Biscuiteers have shared their gluten free vanilla biscuit recipe, which tastes just as tempting as their classic vanilla...
Gluten Free Vanilla Biscuit Recipe
- 166g salted butter
- 166g caster sugar
- 170g golden syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 675g gluten free flour (try Doves Farm)
- 8g gluten free baking powder
- 8g Xanthum gum
- Preheat your oven to 130°C/ 266°F.
- Cream the butter & sugar together using a mixer or hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the golden syrup & combine until evenly mixed.
- Pour in the egg and mix on a low speed.
- Add the vanilla extract. Turn the mixer up to a high speed to ensure everything is beaten evenly for around 30 seconds.
- Add all the dry ingredients & mix on a low speed.
- Beat all ingredients on a high speed until the dough comes away from the sides of the mixing bowl (no more than one minute).
- Flatten out the dough & rest in the fridge until firm.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until it is very tight.
- Roll out to 5mm thin and chill on baking sheets until firm.
- Cut & bake at 130°C for around 26-28 min (until golden around the edges).
- Cool the biscuits on wire racks until completely dry.