Your holiday checklist …
Counting down to your summer holiday is all part of the excitement and as we plan my own holiday list we thought I would share it with you to take the stress out of packing.
Plan Your Wardrobe:
• Make a list of evening outfits including shoes ( don’t take many as you don’t need them and heels are sometimes a mistake walking on cobbles after a couple of sangria’s)
• Make a list of pool side/ beach essentials including enough swimwear ( we like to take a second set out to change into so you don’t have to sit in a wet costume)
• Remember cover ups. Old faithful sarongs are still lifesavers – also look at large lightweight scarves you have you can tie them up and around your neck into a dress which is great for popping to the bar
• Find out what (if any) towels/ beach towels are provided at the resort
• Have a good day bag and take a plastic drawstring bag for wet bits
• Keep your lotion in a drawstring bag to protect it from the sand
• Prescription sunglasses
• Sunglasses case
• Scrunchie/ hair bands
• Kindle or book
• Day time purse
• Any medications
• Ibroprofen, paracetamol, anti- histamines, after bite
• Travel laundry bag
• Skincare/ Body care
• Phone charger
Before you go:
Exfoliate, wax, eyebrow threading, 2 week manicure with Nails Inc.
Remember to scale down your make- up bag - will you really need your foundation and powder? Tinted moisturiser gives great coverage for a sunkissed face in the evenings.
Decant your lotions into travel size containers. ( We always mean to do this every year so this year we will make sure I start this earlier!)
Get your travel insurance and currency.
Hand luggage- this year we are going to invest in hand luggage on wheels so we can arrive on the plane cool, calm and collected rather than hot, out of breath with bag bursting from last minute purchases and unable to find boarding pass at the bottom
• Handbag size bottle of Evian spray for the plane
• Phone/ ipad
• Lip balm, try : EOS or Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour® Cream Nourishing Lip Balm, which has the added bonus of having an SPF 20
• Magazine – the more gossipy the better
• Document Wallet
• Travel Pillow
• Black out eye mask
Think that’s it! If you think of anything else, let us know via our Facebook page. All that is left to say is Bon Voyage… relax, revive and have fun.
The Beauty Edit team