Learn how the Truffle Hunters use White Truffle Honey in three different ways...
Truffle specialists Truffle Hunter source the best quality fresh truffles from the best locations.
The UK’s top purveyor of fresh truffles and truffle products, all Truffle Hunter’s delicacies are produced in small batches at their Cotswold base: from oils to mustard, mayonnaise to salt; their products are made from the best ingredients they can find.
Discover three simple ways to cook with their White Truffle Honey below, and discover the Truffle Hunter range in the Food Hall at Fenwick Newcastle.
1. WHITE TRUFFLE HONEY, PEAR AND GORGONZOLA SALAD
• A generous handful of fresh mixed salad leaves
• 1 firm, fresh pear
• 100g Gorgonzola Piccante
• 2 tbsp. pine nuts
• Drizzle of Truffle Hunter White Truffle Honey
1. Create a bed of washed salad leaves on the plates.
2. Peel and core the pear, then slice it into wedges.
3. Season the pear wedges and pan fry them with the pine nuts, turning once or twice until golden brown.
4. Arrange small, teaspoon sized pieces of gorgonzola on the salad leaves. Next, scatter the pear slices and pine nuts over the top.
5. Finish with a small drizzle of white truffle honey and serve whilst warm.
2. TRUFFLE HONEY STEAK WITH ASPARAGUS AND SWEET POTATO
• A steak of your choice
• A drizzle of Truffle Hunter White Truffle Honey
• Truffle Hunter Truffle Salt
• 6 spears of asparagus
• 1 large/jacket sweet potato
1. Rub olive oil and a pinch of Truffle Salt and black pepper into both sides of the steak.
2. Add the steak and asparagus to a hot pan, then cook the steak for 6 minutes for medium-rare, or to your personal preference, turning every minute. Glaze the steak with the White Truffle Honey on both sides. Turn the asparagus occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, pierce the sweet potato with fork on each side, and microwave for 8-10 minutes.
4. Fluff the potato with a fork and add a knob of butter.
5. Plate up the steak, asparagus and sweet potato, drizzling the juices from the pan over the asparagus.
3. PERFECT CHEESE ON TOAST
Makes 4 slices
• 225g Pierre des Burons cheese (cut to small pieces)
• 4 rashers unsmoked back bacon
• 4 small spring onions
• 4 slices white bread
• 1 Teaspoon Truffle Hunter White Truffle Honey
1. Cut the Pierre des Burons into small pieces and then place in a non-stick pan over a very low heat.
2. Meanwhile, grill the bacon, and then cut into 1 inch squares (keep stirring the cheese so that it does not burn or stick).
3. Add chopped spring onions, bacon and Truffle Honey to the melted cheese and stir in.
4. Lightly toast the bread under the grill to stop the bread from going soggy.
5. Place the cheesy mix on the hot toast, put under the grill for 45 – 60 seconds and then serve on a hot plate.