A Goan dish called 'upkari' meaning chilli and salt
- 250g Broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces (tender stem or purple sprouting are best)
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower or Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seed, toasted and lightly crushed *
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed, or 1 tsp Garlic Paste *
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic and chilli.
- Fry till the garlic browns slightly, then add the cumin and the broccoli.
- Fry for 30 seconds, add a little water to stop it burning and continue to fry till the broccoli is tender.
- Season with salt.