Every month Rafi’s Spicebox brings you fresh new inspiration from their curry packs. Rafi’s Curry of the Month for February is their Kashmiri Roast pack. This side dish goes great with any curry, but it’s also great as a spicy alternative to standard potato wedges or alongside a Sunday Roast Dinner.
This pack is Lee's creation. Here's what he has to say about it:
“This recipe came from a Christmas/roast dinner set of recipes I put together where I was trying to do an Indian alternative to each component of a roast dinner. These were obviously the potato or parsnip element. I have loved the Kashmiri paste for a long time and have wanted to create some recipes to really showcase its flavour. I knew the powerful garlic and chilli would work perfectly with potatoes. This also works really well on potato skins.”
To create this versatile dish:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Boil and drain 1kg potatoes.
- Heat 100ml oil in a large roasting pan in the oven at 200°C.
- Add the contents of the curry pack and the potatoes into the hot oil.
- Season with salt and mix well.
- Roast for 45 minutes until crispy round the edges.