- 8-11 small raw king prawns
- 40g green mangoes, peeled and finely shredded
- 4 red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 30g cucumber, deseeded and cut into fine strips
- 30g green beans, cut into fine strips
- 10g bunch of spring onions, cut into fine strips
- 10g coriander leaves
- 10g mint leaves, finely sliced
- 50g chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 40g cashew nuts, salted and roasted
FOR THE POACHING LIQUOR
- 250ml water
- ½ lime, squeezed
- Lime leaf
- Coriander stalk
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 lemongrass stalk, crushed
- 20g shallots, sliced
- 3g sugar
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE DRESSING (MAKES APPROXIMATELY 140ML)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 red chillies, finely diced
- 2 green chillies, finely diced
- 40g palm sugar or brown sugar
- 30ml lime juice
- 60ml fish sauce
- Place all of the liquor ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the liquor and gently poach for 5 minutes or until cooked. Remove the prawns from the poaching liquor and allow to cool.
- While the prawns are cooling, mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Put all of the salad ingredients in a bowl with the cooked prawns, add the dressing and toss until everything is well combined.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy.