Blackberry & Blackcurrant Jammie Dodgers
Fun, fruity, and an excellent vessel for our Blackberry and Blackcurrant Jam, little bakers will enjoy assembling these homemade Jammie Dodgers almost as much as they will eating them. Find our Baking with the kids essentials, and follow the recipe below to ensure delightfully smiley faces - and sticky fingers.
Makes 12 sandwiched biscuits
- 112g soft butter
- 62g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 150g plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 12 teaspoons of Fenwick Blackberry and Blackcurrant Jam
- Using a large mixing bowl and a wooden spoon, beat together the butter, icing sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Stir in the salt and flour until a soft dough forms, then wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, and roll out half the dough on a floured surface. Cut out 12 large hearts using a biscuit cutter. Roll out the second half of dough, cut out a further 12 large hearts, and cut out the middle of these using a smaller heart cutter.
- Transfer the biscuits to a large baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, and bake for around 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Leave to cool for five minutes on the tray, then carefully move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread a teaspoon of our Blackberry and Blackcurrant Jam onto the 12 large hearts, and gently press the lids on top.
- Finish with a dusting of icing sugar, and devour with a cup of tea. We have a rather splendid selection for you to choose from here.
Top tip: if your dough is soft, rolling with the cling film on top makes it easier to handle.
Do you have a mini Matisse on your hands? Or perhaps they're more of a junior Jackson Pollock? Whatever their signature style, keep budding artists busy with this selection of fun colouring sheets courtesy of our friends at Le Toy Van.
Simply click the links below to open the blank sheets, and let their creativity flow freely. All you need is a printer and some crayons or colouring pencils to enjoy a spot of wholesome family fun.
Toys to Spark Joy
Awaken young minds and spark creativity with our treasure trove of interactive toys. From slime-based science experiments and glow-in-the-dark Playfoam to unleashing their inner-architect with our array of LEGO building kits, let imaginations run wild without a screen in sight.
Designed to develop balance and coordination skills, our Micro Scooters are the perfect encouragement to get them exploring the great outdoors - and whilst they're preoccupied you may even win back a couple of hours of me-time, if you're lucky.
To explore our collection of fantastical games and educational kits that are guaranteed to spark joy, click here.