With the new series of The Great British Bake Off in full swing, be inspired to bake your own treats at home with our demonstration from Malcolm Harradine at Bentalls Kingston.
He'll be in the Living Kitchen on Saturday 16 September using the Magimix Le Patissier machine to create some truly delicious recipes including Olive and Chorizo Buns and Vanilla Sponge Muffins. He'll also be taking inspiration from former GBBO contestant Cat Dresser and using her recipe to make Sticky Toffee and Ginger Pudding.
Want a sneak peek of the recipe...?
Sticky Toffee and Ginger Pudding
100g dried apricots
2 pieces stem ginger
300ml boiled water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125g of soft unsalted butter
100g caster sugar
75g dark brown sugar
2 tbsp buttermilk
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 free range eggs
For the sauce:
150g unsalted butter
125g dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp stem ginger syrup
250ml double cream
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Chop the dates, apricots and stem ginger in the main processor bowl. Add the hot water and bicarb, pulse a few times and leave for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, puree the mixture and transfer to the Patissier bowl fitted with the dough blade. Add the remaining ingredient and mix for 1 minute.
4.Pour the mixture into a buttered 2.5 litre ovenproof dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Melt the sugar, syrup and butter in a heavy-based pan until the sugar has dissolved. Add the cream, bring to a rapid boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
6. Prick the surface of the pudding all over with a skewer or cocktail stick and pour over 2/3 of the sauce.
7. Serve the remaining sauce on the side, along with a dollop of crème fraiche.
See Malcolm Harradine cook this recipe on Saturday 16th September in the Living Kitchen, Lower Ground Floor at Bentalls Kingston.