Lunch in Carluccio's is always a treat - try tasty new dishes and browse the deli selection.
Here's one of our favourite recipes from the menu - Courgette and Gorgonzola Risotto.
200g butter (100g for frying the grated courgettes, 75g for the rice and 25g to finish)
4 medium-large courgettes, grated
1 clove garlic, finely diced
400g rice (Carnaroli or Vialone Nano rice, available from our food shops)
100g onion (white – finely diced)
150ml white wine (good quality)
3ltrs light vegetable stock
250g parmigano reggiano, grated
150g creamy gorgonzola (add as much or as little as you like)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the stock to boil then check for seasoning.
2. In a wide shallow pan melt 100g of the butter (do not allow to brown)
3. Add in the grated courgettes and the garlic; gently fry until just golden brown.
4. Remove the courgettes from the pan and set aside.
5. Using the same pan (do not clean or wipe out) add in 75g butter and allow it to melt without allowing it to change colour.
6. Add in the finely diced onion and sweat (do not brown).
7. Add in the rice and coat it in the onion and butter mix, until all the rice is shiny and coated in the oil. Again, make sure you don’t allow the rice to brown.
8. Add in the white wine and reduce the liquid by half.
9. At this point, your vegetable stock should already be boiling.
10. Add one large ladle of the boiling stock to your rice and stir immediately until the rice has been absorbed. Continue this process until the rice becomes al dente (this should take about 5-10 mins).
11. After 4-5 ladles of stock, add the fried courgettes and stir until they are well mixed and hot.
12. When the grains of rice still have an element of bite in the middle, add one last ladle of stock before giving the risotto a final stir and removing it from the heat.
13. Add in the Gorgonzola, then the Parmigiano and whip until the cheese is bound with the starch and looks really creamy, then add in the butter (25g or to taste).
14. Season, and serve immediately. Top with extra grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese if you like.
Join Carluccio's for lunch on the First Floor.